Friday 10 October 2014

Well, to me celebrations are most of the time a reason for fun. I remember one time in 2003 I was invited to the city of San Juan in Argentina, and it was something more or less spontaneous so I just got a couple of things and left. When we got there, we were received by some friends’ family members and after a while left to meet some friends of my friends. The following day  was December 31. They told us they would have a little celebration and we were invited, too. Since I was a vegetarian, I told my friend that my (back then) boyfriend and I would only eat salads. She said “no worries”.
On the actual 31, I just grabbed a couple of trousers, a T shirt and left. I remember I was kind of excited to celebrate New year’s eve in Argentina.  We got to the place and realized it was not a small party. There were many tables and many barbecues. We had a few glasses of champagne and chatted to different people. To my surprise, the starter for the evening was half a chicken, YES, half a chicken per person. I could not believe it. When they saw we would not eat, they said. "No problem, we’ll sort if for you". Half an hour later, someone arrived with the biggest fish I’ve ever seen in a barbecue. Massive, just for my boyfriend and I, which we had to eat since it had been bought especially for us. The meal was really nice with a lot of friendly people. Then midnight arrived, and I don’t think I had ever greeted  and hugged so many people at a party before.
All in all, it was a really memorable occasion. We talked, we danced, and we laughed and had a grand time with a bunch of strangers.
Write about a memorable celebration you can remember.
Include:
When/Where you were
Who you were with
What you did
What made it special
Include any other info you can

Write a minimum of 250 words. Write a comment on your teacher's blog and 3 comments on your classmates’ blogs. Add a picture if you like.

6 comments:

  1. I think it was really funny!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. argentina is full of nice people, is great party with strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half a chicken each one! I really want it.
    I believe that it was a great adventure, even with the chicken :3... regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi miss!
    I really never have staying in Argentina, but I want go to this county for this date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend that visit San Juan in Argentina, she was shower somethig pictures is the beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss it was a funny history! thank you for share it with us (:

    ReplyDelete