Friday 29 August 2014

Today we have a free post, So please write about anything you want to.

Hello everyone,
Today we have a free topic and too many things spring to mind but I have just decided to keep it very simple.
I have decided I will go nonacademic or too serious. I will write about my favorite band at the moment. I got to know them some time ago because they had a couple of well-known songs, but I wasn’t sure who they were. This year I had the chance to go to Lollapalooza and saw them live. I  must say that was one of my favorite live shows ever. The performance was awesome and so was the sound.

After that show I started to listen to some songs on youtube and then I decided to download a few albums. I had no idea that they were so famous.  Later I decided to download albums. I started with “Reflektor”, which is the latest and I just loved it. I loved it because it is really diverse. The music style can change completely from one song to the next, and you can see the influence of artists such as “the Clash” “Bowie” and even” Elvis”.  I also like the fact that they the lyrics they cover are varied, too. Topic like homosexuality, discrimination, death or Joan of Arc, all in a way I see as a criticism to a lot our attitudes as society. 

Here is a little sample. 

3 comments:

  1. I've never listen to them, but the video looks really crazy... so they may be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the video is really amazing, I like the mirror suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a friend of mine listened to them too. I'll check on them later!

    ReplyDelete