Friday 22 August 2014


Since today we are talking about places, we will write about a place we will like to visit.


Today I will write about a place I’d like to visit. To be honest, travelling is one of the things I find most valuable. A lot of people prefer to buy stuff and that is fine by me. I personally feel experiencing different cultures and sharing with people is priceless. Even though I understand that as a tourist you don’t really experience the culture the way a local does, I enjoy travelling very much.
Choosing a favourite place puts me in a difficult situation. I more or less love all places. I will select one because it is part of today’s task. Last summer I had the opportunity to visit Turkey. I simply fell in love. I would like to come back to this place one day. I would like to learn more about the Byzantines and the Ottoman empire. I would also like to visit the coast. They say it is amazing. To be honest, I would like to learn more about the language. The Turkish language is nothing like anything I heard before, much nicer than the Arab language (in my opinion) but still pretty intricate in terms of structure. So I guess I’d like to go there for around 6 months to get a good feel of the place.
I think Turkey is the perfect transition place as transit from west to east and the arab world.

- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and my blog!!
- Word Count: 200 words

9 comments:

  1. Miss! I like the travels too, but I never went at overseas country. I hope that you can travel there again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Turkey is a geat country, without a doubt is a big cultural center of interaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the "transition between west and east" part... like, finding that connection between cultures... it's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really envy you. I haven't really had the chance to travel that far from our country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh travels are the best experiences lived in the world !!! :) Turkey, it must be wonderful, for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. when I think in Turkey, I just remember "Onur" kjajkakjkjaa
    I don't know much about Turkey, but by your description, it's look so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I undestand you a lot, because I love travelling and I would like to know the hole world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a lot of curiosity about Turkey, when I was younger I tried to learn the language, but I didn't have lucky with that

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you miss! travelling is one of the most exciting things !

    ReplyDelete